It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:17 am

Found you at last!

Post a quick hello in here!

Found you at last!

Post by RedBlack » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:18 am

Hi;

I'm RedBlack, arriving here after a search for Unbridled Fury lead me a merry chase.

I a rules-addict and I spend far more time reading rules and acquiring new ones than I do actually playing anything.
-- There's someone in my head but it's not me. -- Pink Floyd

Re: Found you at last!

Post by Gaterohnn » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:44 am

Hi RedBlack! I'm glad you found us again!

We had a "prospector" pick up our old domain name and tried to sell it back to us, so we just changed it. Sorry if it meant we couldn't be found... probably not a good thing, but I guess we're still here at least! :)

Post by RedBlack » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:58 am

Well, I meant that when I searched for "Unbridled Fury", I mostly got Tor Games.
Way back, I'd downloaded their army lists. I suppose that's neither here nor there.
Of course, they've dropped UF for their own rules.
I like UF better.

Now, I'm just trying to resolve the Company List format from the various versions.
Some (the ones posted here) don't seem to be using the "divide by 10" for points, nor do they have the CW, SW, or Arm factors. I can manage the variants since I play solo anyway, but as I'd asked on another post, is the final/WargameVault version using the style posted here?
Or should I just go back to sleep and wait for the release here of the PDFs?

(Sorry to be such a pain, but it doesn't appear that there's all that much traffic on the forum anyway... ;-)
-- There's someone in my head but it's not me. -- Pink Floyd

Post by Gaterohnn » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:12 pm

You're not a pain at all, it has indeed been a bit confusing for those who've not been with us continually through all the changes. ;)

CW, SW and Arm have now become part of equipment profiles and have been separated to enable better modularity when list building. This way you can create a weapon once and add it to a weapons table in the list. That weapon can then be added to whichever model requires it simply by paying the weapon's points. This is part of why we went back to not dividing by ten. We needed finer granularity in points values in order to do this properly. All they really were were any Weapon Properties that the model's equipment may have had that are now listed in the weapon profile. Same for Armour - there is no armour rating on a model any more as it is a factor of an item of equipment now.

The added bonus of doing this is that the equipment can be given size values to fit different size models. The rules say "normally" weapons can only fit a certain size model, though this is completely optional. Otherwise we couldn't have ridiculously oversize anime weapons and so forth if we wanted to.

Armour should be restricted to the size of the model wearing it. Obviously, an ogre's cuirass won't fit a human and vice versa.

So to answer your question, the final/Wargame Vault version uses the style that separates weapons and equipment from model profiles.

Return to Introductions